New York / Partial Remote Flexibility
21 days ago
Director of Product Security Job Summary
I am looking for Director, Product Security who will be accountable for the design, development and strategy for the security of applications and products held in a public cloud environment. The candidate will give expert knowledge, embrace developing trends and provide general direction on security best practices across all of my client’s organization. The successful candidate will have exceptional interactive and communication skills essential to partnering with other leaders throughout the global business to recognize opportunities and risks. This position will necessitate the ability to multiple tasks at a time and work individualistically, as well as work collaboratively with teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely and actively contributes to ensure security implementation is efficient and continuous enhancement methodologies are public and understood
- Lead software security event reviews and track identified software security issues.
- Proven ability to apply a blending of established methodologies, tools, and best practices to ensure secure code delivery
- Improve and organize effective tracing and tracking of application security issues and vulnerability findings.
- Lead a team of talented security professionals and guide them on their professional growth.
- Plan, describe, and implement a road-map for refining security procedures within the engineering groups.
- Lead a cross-functional security team
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge with the Building Security In Maturity Model (BSIMM) methodology and assessment process or related (such as the OWASP OpenSAMM and ASVS projects)
- Real-world knowledge and hands- on experience with all stages of software quality assurance (SQA) and release management processes and systems
- Excellent project/program management abilities to shape the processes and systems that convey the imagined results. Robust vendor management and mediation skills.
- Strong understanding of a wide variety of threats and security topics associated to networking, cloud security, cryptography, secure software, etc.