Los Angeles, CA
$40-50 an hour DOE
11 months ago
This position is responsible for the development, recommendation, implementation results tracking and reporting of the Bank’s risk management programs within their Division to ensure limited risk exposure. Leads and executes the risk assessment programs including identification of key risks and their mitigating controls. Provides risk expertise while working with the business and other 2nd line risk partners (to include Operational Risk, Business Continuity, IT Risk, Vendor Risk, Corp. Security, Compliance, etc.) to assess risk exposures and control adequacy. The Division Risk Manager is also responsible for the continued maturation and improvement of the risk management practices and execution of these practices within their Division.
- Minimum 5 years of operational experience, with at least 5 years of experience in the financial services sector
- Minimum 5 years of experience in risk management or compliance in a banking or lending environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Project Management or leadership role
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Prefer 7+ years in the financial services industry
- Work collaboratively within the division and with second line of defense teams to coordinate risk management and measurement activity.
- Act as subject matter expert for the activities performed in the division and their associated risk exposures.
- Execute risk assessment programs (e.g. Risk Control Self Assessments, Business Impact Assessments, Vendor Risk Assessments, New Applications) to identify and quantify the risks and their associated controls in the division.
- Establish processes to test and report on the performance of risk mitigating controls (e.g. if policies and procedures are being followed, if sign off limits are being exceeded etc.)
- Coordinate the completion of risk mitigating actions and providing status updates of open/closed issues to senior management and second line risk management functions.
- Provide insight and supporting data to assess scenario impact assessments (e.g. a Business Continuity Assessment, CCAR loss forecasts etc.)
- Investigates large or repetitive loss events impacting the division to assess for potential systemic weaknesses and to ensure appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Perform periodic access reviews to key IT systems for colleagues in the business unit.
- Ensures appropriate colleagues in division are trained on the applicable risk management practices, reporting, etc.
- Define and report performance metrics and Key Risk Indicators to monitor high risks to the business unit.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives
If this opportunity is of interest to you and you are immediately available to interview and start, please submit an updated resume.