8 months ago
A banking client in the Los Angeles area is looking for an experienced Investigator to take on a role focused on EDD/BSA Investigations, supporting the teams Deputy BSA Officer.
You would work alongside multiple other Investigators but in a role that would focus on special investigations, whilst supporting SARs, QC of the EDD files and also maintaining training is carried out effectively for other members of the unit.
- Act as the primary QC reviewer and approver of EDD and SAR investigations performed by BSA Analysts in the team.
- Perform complex technical, analytical and detail-oriented work relating to banking activities as well as patterns of clients to ascertain whether the activity meets regulatory and internal policy criteria for possible suspicious activity reporting.
- Perform research using open source (internet) and social media sites to obtain information relevant to a clients and transaction activity.
- Investigates Questionable Activity Reports to assess whether the activity involves potential money laundering, terrorist financing or other related illicit activity.
- Investigations will range in complexity. Some may require minimal due diligence pertaining to the specific activity while others may involve complex source of funds investigations involving enhanced due diligence procedures and exercise of sound judgment in recommendations to senior management.
- Escalates investigations involving highly sensitive matters per internal policies and procedures.
- Prepares detailed investigative reports for senior management which provide a recommendation as to whether a client’s transactional activity is suspicious and thereby requiring a SAR filing or if a “No-SAR” determination is more appropriate. The recommendation will be based on an assessment of data sources, external commercial data sources, internet and other sources. The recommendation will involve an analytical assessment of all available information and the exercise of judgment that includes a description of their reason(s) or rationale for recommended courses of action.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience BSA/AML and suspicious activity regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of compliance, BSA, and regulatory audits.
- CAMS certificate is also preferred.
If you’re open to discussing this or other opportunities, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org