6 months ago
ESG Investment Specialist
Hamlyn Williams have partnered with a well-established asset management company to build out their investment function in Hong Kong. With strong backing from their parent company to continue growing their presence in Greater China region, this company has been actively expanding their HK office in the last couple of years.
As a key member of the ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) investment team, the incumbent will be working closely with Chief Investment Officer and playing a key role in implementing the firm’s ESG policy and philosophy.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to build the next phase of his/her career with one of the largest asset managers in Greater China region. This role allows the incumbent to have a strong involvement in the integration of ESG considerations and the opportunity to produce thought leadership research exploring macro-economics for ESG analysis and integration for the firm.
- Develop commercial contents to help internal and external clients understand ESG investment philosophy, track record, sustainable products and portfolio implementation;
- Work with each asset class across the Investment Team to effectively implement the firm’s ESG policy and philosophy
- Contribute to the team’s core duty of proxy voting and company engagement in relation to companies in Greater China
- Conduct engagement with companies on ESG issues
- Support and develop tools for the effective integration of ESG analysis into company’s securities selection and valuation process across asset classes
- Produce thought leadership research exploring the business, or macro-economics for ESG analysis and integration
- Consultations on voting on shareholder resolutions of a social, environmental or ethical nature
- Contribute to ESG integration and research for the investment team
- Engage with fundamental portfolio managers to get their input into engagements, including proxy voting, and risk analysis
- Support the integration of ESG considerations into the investment process
- Master Degree holder in Finance or Economics, and CFA charter holder preferred
- Minimum 5 years of working with specialist ESG research providers (e.g. MSCI, Bloomberg), financial services and/or sustainable investing field
- Proven presentation, communication and influencing skills with stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proficiency in Mandarin and English
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
I am a front-office expert working with a wide range of clients across asset management industry. If this role is not of interest to you but you would like to explore other opportunities in the market, please feel free to reach out to me at +852 9868 8532 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.