6 months ago
Hamlyn Williams is working with one of the world's highest-valued fintech client in the world. We are looking for a Europe Head of AML who will be part of a growing and dynamic International AML and Compliance team supporting the business in the Europe region.
- Act as the focal point for the oversight of all activities relating to the prevention and detection of AML/Sanctions/CTF
- Providing support/guidance to the senior management to ensure that AML/Sanctions /CTF risks are adequately identified, understood and managed, in particular, to communicate key AML/Sanctions /CTF issues including significant compliance deficiencies
- Carry out a risk assessment at the enterprise level and on products and services offered by Ant Financial in Europe market
- Provide support and guidance to the Business Development team in relation to AML/Sanctions /CTF issues
- Work with in-house AML product and technology team to select and implement relevant technology solutions
- Actively identify and report suspicious transactions by reviewing internal disclosures and act as the main point of contact with the U.K. and other Europe regulators and law enforcement agencies
- Continuously develop and review the AML/Sanctions /CTF systems to ensure they remain up-to-date, meet current statutory and regulatory requirements and are effective in managing AML/Sanctions /CTF risks arising from the business
- Ensure AML/Sanctions /CTF staff training is adequate, appropriate and effective
- Conduct due diligence review on a strategic business partner and M&A target companies to evaluate potential AML/Sanctions /CTF risks
- At least 10 years of relevant compliance, regulatory or similar experience.
- Strong regulatory compliance experience and demonstrable skills in AML, privacy, and security, consumer protection, and federal/state regulatory management.
- Knowledgeable in fintech, payment systems, money transmitter licensing or similar legal and regulatory requirements in Europe.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in English required. Mandarin Chinese is desirable. International banking or relevant financial institution work experience a plus but not a pre-requisite.
- Willingness for frequent travel.
- Experience with e-commerce, payments, MSB, or financial services preferred.