23 days ago
A banking partner of ours in Washington State is looking for a Fair Lending Compliance Officer (VP) to join their growing team. Reporting directly to the CCO, this person is responsible for developing, implementing, and administering all aspects of the Bank’s Fair and Responsible Banking (F&RB) Compliance Program, including Fair Lending, UDAAP, fair banking, and other responsible sales practice requirements. This position leads a team also responsible for CRA and HMDA reporting and oversight of related requirements and activities across the bank, including the designated CRA Officer.
As a Fair Banking Compliance Officer, you will:
- Develops, implements and administers all aspects of the Bank’s Fair Lending and Responsibility Compliance Program, consulting and guiding the Bank in the establishment of controls to mitigate fair banking risk and ensure compliance with federal and state fair banking and responsibility related-laws and regulations.
- Serves as the Bank’s subject matter expert on fair lending, UDAAP, responsibility, and consumer protection laws, rules and regulations, research and implement industry standards and best practices pertaining any related requirements.
- Conducts Fair Lending and UDAAP Risk Assessments, writes and maintains fair lending and responsibility related policies, reviews control design and adequacy, and monitors the Bank’s compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Oversees the Bank’s Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) regulatory reporting and data verification process; assist Bank personnel in compiling and analyzing HMDA compliance metrics, drafting summary reports of data and source documentation.
- Oversees the Bank’s Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) performance, assessment, regulatory reporting, and data verification process, providing guidance and/or assistance to the CRA Officer as appropriate, and drafts summary reports of data/source documentation.
- Provides compliance-related advisory services to branch and department units, consulting with senior management and other bank personnel to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Bank.
- Works closely with the Chief Compliance Officer, Director of Regulatory Compliance, CRA Officer, and other members of the Compliance Department in an efficient, effective, and timely manner.
ENTERPRISE COMPLIANCE GOVERNANCE
- Serve on the Bank’s Enterprise Compliance Committee (ECC), Credit Policy Committee (CPC), the Deposit Rate Setting Committee, and additional committees or forums as required by the CCO.
- Advise the Board of Directors and Senior Management of emerging compliance issues and submit annual report to the Board of Directors detailing fair lending and responsibility compliance issues.
As the Fair Lending Compliance Officer, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (5+ years in a fair lending related position).
- Expert knowledge and skillset of all applicable fair lending and responsibility laws, rules and regulations, including, but not limited to the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Housing Act (FHAct), Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP) and State and local Fair Lending Laws and Regulations.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) designation or comparable professional certification preferred.
If you are a skilled Fair Lending Compliance Officer, you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Compliance & Financial Crime market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Christian Bohn, email@example.com or (619) 350 – 6348