Hong Kong City
11 months ago
Headquartered in Europe, our client operates in 40+ countries and has grown into one of the largest and fastest growing logistics start-ups globally.
In Hong Kong, they have 80+ dedicated, young, and dynamic staff members. They also operate one of the most successful online delivery platforms.
My client is looking for an entrepreneurial ex Big 4 auditor to join their Finance team, inspire junior colleagues through their own passion and self-drive and lead the team to greater levels of success.
If you are not afraid to get your hands dirty, then join the team my client is building in Hong Kong as part of their global network. You will be able to leave the repetitive and boring work style behind and experience first-hand the dynamics of the tech-backed logistics sector.
Major responsibilities include:
- Oversee the finance and accounting functions of the local entity
- Liaise with regulators and external parties to manage regular audit assignments
- Prepare, review, and check various finance functions, including: AR, AP, tax, cash flow, financial due diligence, audit, management & regulatory reporting, M&A, etc.
- Work closely with Head of Finance and perform forecasting, budgeting, modelling, and analysis of local business and assist with the strategic planning of senior management
- Work closely with finance teams in regional and HQ offices to ensure smooth operations and timely submission of reports and regulatory compliance
- Implement and enforce financial policies, procedures, tight controls and reporting systems according to the latest regulatory requirements
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Degree holder in Accounting / Finance or equivalent
- Qualified CPA or equivalent accounting destinations
- Big 4 exposure with ideally 1+ year’s commercial experience working for MNCs
- A hands-on person with down-to-earth attitude
- Proven track record in learning and delivering a broad range of financial functions
- Familiarity with MYOB accounting system is an advantage
- Experience in delivery / logistics and transportation industry is preferred
- Possess a strong business sense and a stable work history
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to collaborate with all departments in an organisation
- Fluent English (written & spoken) and Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin)