about 1 month ago
Hamlyn Williams is partnering with a specialty clinical laboratory biotech company that is looking for a Corporate Controller to make an immediate impact.
They are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, finance professional to assist them in taking the company public and overseeing the financial closing process from early planning through postings to final reporting This pharmaceutical biotech, based out of San Diego, is passionate about their patients and helping treat complex diseases with industry-leading technology for the field.
Job Duties for Controller:
- Oversee daily operations of the Finance/Accounting department, including general ledger, revenue, cost of goods, accounts payable, and payroll functions
- Direct and coordinate the monthly close process
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
- Determination of accounting treatments including preparation of all technical memorandums summarizing accounting treatment and/or transactional support, including business combinations and acquisitions
- Manage the preparation of all financial statements
Qualifications for Controller:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Masters or CPA highly preferred
- 8+ years in a senior-level accounting or finance role
- Biotechnology industry experience
- Manufacturing/cost accounting experience
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting and product-line profitability analysis. Strong control and financial reporting knowledge.
As a specialist recruiter, I focus on recruiting into the Finance and Accounting market here on the West Coast within the Life Science and Financial Services industries. If you are interested in this role please apply directly below or email your resume to A.Sharpe@HamlynWilliams.com