$160,000 - $170,000 + 25% Bonus
about 1 month ago
We are partnered with a Banking client that is looking to build out their FIU team- and is in search of someone to oversee the Financial Intelligence Compliance Unit. This person will report to the Chief BSA Officer, and manage a team of analysts responsible for administering the bank's suspicious activity monitoring program. Aside from overseeing/mentoring staff, this person will manage regulatory deadlines, play a large role in the development/maintenance of policies and procedures, quality reviews and coaching, and routine preparation/distribution of department reports.
- Oversee all investigations on suspicious activity, drafting regulatory reports as necessary.
- Coordinate all information requests – (314(a), subpoenas, law enforcement inquiries.
- Monitor SAR Worksheet referrals for adequacy, timeliness and determination of filing action.
- Communicate clearly to external groups (Law Enforcement, Regulatory Examiners, other Financial Institutions participating in 314(b) sharing initiatives, industry peers, etc.)
- Serving as SME, providing mentorship and training opportunities for the team as well as promoting career progression initiatives; managing performance evaluations
- Continuously identify opportunities for process improvements, escalate recommendations, implement changes and enhancements, present statistical findings to leadership
- 10+ years financial crimes compliance experience across financial crimes compliance program components, with extensive understanding of regulatory environment at state and national level; BSA, FDIC, OFAC and DFPI laws and statutes
- Familiarity with retail and commercial customer types, as well as BSA/AML risk typologies associated products/services
- Experience performing AML investigations, including open-source research, materiality analysis, disposition writing, SAR writing, and regulatory reporting and filing, customer offboarding, and transaction blocking
- Understanding of sanctions regulatory environment, including OFAC laws and statutes
- Understanding of information sharing channels and experience responding to information requests
You can apply by selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
If this role is of interest, or you're interested in exploring other opportunities in the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to me @ firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 326-3672.