13 days ago
A large public Bank is looking for a lead financial reporter who will be responsible for the preparation of both internal and external reports including regulatory and SEC filings. The ideal candidate comes from a strong accounting background and is eager to take the next step in their career working for a public company!
- Review monthly derivative accounting including journal entries and daily flux analysis.
- Review and/or prepare monthly/quarterly capital ratios.
- Preparation of public filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8K and other SEC filings) including the revamp of certain sections as assigned.
- Complete regulatory reporting filings such as call reports, FR Y-9LP, FR Y-9C, etc. and assist in implementing solutions for process improvement.
- Assist in ad-hoc accounting policies and prepare technical memos.
- Maintain ongoing collaboration with other members of the accounting and other departments to obtain and review schedules for the preparation of both the internal reporting package and external filings, and ensure transactions are captured appropriately in the financial statements.
- Research new SEC/GAAP and Regulatory pronouncements; prepare position papers on the pronouncements’ impact to the company and assist in the implementation of the accounting treatment.
- Communicate with external and internal auditors regarding financial reporting matters.
- Review and analyze the Bank’s consolidated financial statement.
- Prepare various schedules for internal reporting requirements including the monthly Board package.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements for dissemination to the management, external auditors, and regulatory agencies.
- Prepare and review various schedules and reports for internal users and external auditors and assist in the audit of financial statements and related footnotes.
- Assist in the tagging and review the detailed Xtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging of financial statements and footnotes
- Perform and complete ad-hoc analyses and projects as needed.
- CPA license or MBA preferred
- Bachelors degree required
- At least 6 years accounting expereince (public accounting and/or public company financial reporting experience preferred but not required)
- Solid knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and concepts
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills; including research skills regarding current and prospective updates to regulatory reporting.
- Banking/financial institution experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well in a team