about 1 year ago
This role will work with minimal supervision managing the Company’s accounting policies, internal financial reporting, and external financial reporting to assure compliance with accounting principles and disclosure requirements required for listing as a publicly traded company and a regulated commercial bank.
This role will also manage Sarbanes-Oxley compliance; managing relationships with external audit staff serving as primary Company technical resource and creating an efficient audit process.
- Supervises assigned staff responsible for preparing and filing external and internal financial reports including: Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Call Report, FR Y-9C/LP, board reports, management financial reports, subsidiary financial statements, ERISA/DOL compliant qualified plan financial reports, and annual budget.
- Manages quarterly review and annual audit process with external auditors.
- Gathers, reviews, and delivers Company records requested by external auditors in the conduct of their reviews and audits.
- Prepares financial highlights, including balance sheets and income statements, which are released to the public quarterly on Form 8-K.
- Manages Sarbanes-Oxley and COSO compliance program to assure that the Company maintains appropriate internal controls over financial reporting.
- Monitors activities of accounting standard setting bodies; interprets newly issued accounting standards. Determines cost-effective manner to implement accounting standards. Manages the implementation process.
- Performs the more complex accounting functions. Provides guidance to Controller’s staff members and other department managers regarding accounting for non-routine or complex transactions.
- Experience in accounting and financial analysis, preferably within a financial institution.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or related field required.
- CPA preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word; proficiency in Microsoft Access desirable.