Remote, US Hours
$160-180k + Equity & Benefits
3 months ago
We are partnered with a global Crypto Fintech in search of a Financial Crime Compliance Officer to provide oversight of all functions related to fraud, customer impact, and risk mitigation. Responsible for the development of the team, overseeing implementation of effective controls, recommendation of methods/procedures to improve efficiencies and performance, and preparation/maintenance of reports in compliance with corporate & regulatory requirements. Works alongside FinCrime transaction Review managers to implement new processes to mitigate bad demand and risk.
As an established, yet high-growth Fintech, this company provides an API solution for traditional MSBs to integrate cryptocurrency into their platforms. Holding a BitLicense from NYDFS and a FinCEN-registered MSB/money transmitter (45+ states).
- Manages the team through section supervisors/ team leaders to delegate daily activities, ensuring adequate staffing and training of personnel
- Assist in the establishment of strategic plans supporting current and future products; ensuring quality of service level is maintained
- Maintain department procedures and process maps with alignment to controls
- Identify risk factors and trends of potentially fraudulent activity, including the development of trend reports, KPIs, and OKRs to serve as early warning risk indicators for potentially fraudulent activity
- Running investigations, background checks, and research on suspected perpetrators (such as incident reports/filings, loss prevention, litigation, and criminal prosecution); managing found evidence and statistics for process improvements
- Writing in-depth reports on findings; presenting to supervisors as required
- Liaising with fraud victims, police, and court officials when a civil or criminal case is opened.
- Prepares, maintains and/or monitors reports in compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain up to date banking regulations (Reg E, Reg J, UDDAP etc.)
- 7+ years of experience working in Senior fraud positions with experience managing Fraud teams directly
- Experience with regulated financial services: review of such activities as payments (ACH, Debit), P2P money movement, disputes, chargebacks, AML, and compliance frameworks
- Subject matter expert in all things related to Fraud & Financial Crime, preferably with a degree/background in criminology, finance, or related.
- Excellent investigative techniques and research skills, comfortable with data analysis and review
- knowledge of legal proceedings including solid understanding of relevant banking regulations.
You can apply by selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Fintech Compliance, Financial Crime & Legal market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Fintech Companies across the country. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Kayla Bane, email@example.com or (619) 326-3672