Competitive + Equity
about 2 months ago
A Fintech client of ours is looking for a Financial Crime & Fraud expert to lead its growing team. This role will report to the Chief Administrative Officer and will oversee the strategic direction of Fraud Prevention and operational compliance, associated with BSA/AML regulations. This individual will be responsible for reducing the Company’s exposure to Financial, Operational, Regulatory and other risks related to financial crime, whilst supporting the growth of the teams and working alongside senior stakeholders internally and externally.
- Provide subject matter expertise on fraud management: your key role will be to oversee the establishment of fraud processes, procedures and controls, implement best practices and methodologies, develop monitoring and escalations processes, and represent the fraud and AML teams.
- Train, coach, help recruit and manage fraud detection analysts and their managers.
- Maintain a suite of operational metrics, dashboards and KRIs to indicate the health of the fraud management/AML function.
- Provide subject matter expertise on fraud operations, disputes and industry trends.
- Identify tools and system enhancements to improve efficiency and fraud detection capabilities.
- Proactively work with the analytics team and fraud product owners to identify trends and recommend fraud prevention solutions.
- Communicate operational metrics, processes, and fraud review results to senior management team.
- Represent the company in dealings with Regulators, Law Enforcement, and other government entities as the Financial Crimes SME where needed.
- Review all new product offerings/services for Financial Crime Risk.
- Partner closely with the Chief Compliance Officer and oversee the BSA/ AML compliance requirements and ensure adherence to the regulations.
- Oversight of Customer Onboarding and CIP/KYC programs.
- Bachelor’s degree & CFE/CAMS required
- 5+ years’ worth of experience overseeing fraud operations for a merchant, card issuer, payment technology company, or large banking institution.
- 10+ years’ worth of management experience.
- Experience with faced paced fintech companies is highly preferred.
- Proven ability to build proactive controls through well-orchestrated procedures and extensive use of progressive technologies is a MUST.
- Experience leveraging fraud technologies and tools (i.e. Falcon, VRM, EMV, mobile wallet provisioning, Apply Pay Cash, etc.) is highly preferred.
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch!