225 - 250 Base + Equity
6 months ago
We are partnered with a crypto fintech seeking a General Counsel to lead their global legal affairs while creating policies, procedures, and legal strategies as they continue to develop and launch new products.
This position is NOT a remote position. The expectation is to be in office ~3 days a week and available for in-person meetings when required.
Responsibilities (High Level Overview)
- Oversee all aspects of the company's legal functions, leading the legal department through a multi-product launch and participate in product and cross-functional development throughout the lifecycle of these initiatives.
- Provide cross-departmental support, working closely with IT, product, and engineering teams to ensure proper compliance, design, registration, licensing, and operation.
- Keep relevant with legal and compliance developments, particularly those impacting the blockchain, cryptocurrency, custody, and identity industries
- Translate global, federal, and state laws governing the company’s technology platform into technical/operational requirements, auditing functions, reporting, and mitigation tactics.
- Negotiate and document complex corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions.
- Create an annual departmental budget and prepare and provide reports for regular briefings with EVP and CEO.
- Manage and direct real estate transactions, including preparation and review of documents, negotiation of terms and conditions, and transference of titles.
- Represent the company at city and county board and commission meetings and in court as directed; render legal advice on commercial development, public utilities, and distributed energy grid systems as required.
- A JD from an ABA-accredited law school
- 7+ years of legal experience, 5+ years in-house
- Experience bringing software products to market for a technology company is strongly preferred.
As a Fintech Compliance, Financial Crime, and Legal market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of established and growing Fintech companies across the country. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the Fintech space, you are welcome to reach out directly:
Kayla Bane, firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 326-3672