Competitive + Equity
3 months ago
A Global FinTech client of ours is looking for a Global Head of Compliance to oversee the continuous enhancement and implementation of its compliance programs globally. This individual will have excellent leadership and presentation skills with a proven track record of managing the day to day activities of a complete compliance program at scale, and is expected to possess sufficient knowledge and operational capacity in all of the following: U.S. Federal Consumer Protection Regulations A-Z, Privacy Laws, MSB & Money Transmission Regulations at the State Level, European Electronic Money and Payment Services Directives, Domestic and International Anti-Money Laundering Laws.
The Global Head of Compliance will be responsible for working with regional compliance managers and money laundering reporting officers (MLRO’s) to ensure the effective implementation of the business’s compliance frameworks.
- Oversee the growth and implementation of an industry leading financial services compliance program that operates to the highest standards of compliance.
- Lead and support regional compliance personnel and ensure the effective development, evolution and implementation of compliance frameworks in the U.S. and abroad.
- Oversee the company’s active regulatory licenses and registrations to ensure they remain active and in good standing.
- Maintain compliance policies in the U.S. up to date in accordance with legal or regulatory changes or with company operational changes; and ensure the same is taking place in international markets where.
- Areas of focus include financial crimes (sanctions, AML, CFT, identity fraud, other illicit finance risk), consumer protection, consumer privacy, UDAAP, privacy and fraud prevention. Serve as in-house SME / go-to person for all consumer protection and financial crimes matters.
- Participate and support the regional compliance teams during audits and regulatory examinations, and ensure findings are remediated appropriately.
- Ensure effective and ongoing compliance with consumer complaints, dispute resolution and error resolution requirements, where applicable.
- Regularly meet and maintain positive relationships with teams across the company, including Enablement, Legal, Operations, Engineering, Risk and Product Management to develop planning and implementation systems that support compliance objectives.
- Maintain relationships with regulatory counterparts and key senior compliance personnel of banking partners.
- 12+ years of combined compliance experience in the following areas: consumer protection and financial crimes.
- 10+ years of management experience.
- Strong knowledge of Dodd Frank and Consumer Protection Act & CFPB consumer protection regulations A-Z.
- Strong knowledge of AML regulations globally.
- Proven experience leading a compliance department of scale within a financial services organization (preferably a FinTech) that operates in multiple regions.
- Experience with consumer finance or consumer lending compliance and licensing in the U.S.
- BA/BS degree; preferably in Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
- Background with AML requirements and program implementation for blockchain and crypto currency related activities is highly preferred.
If this opportunity interest you, please get in touch: email@example.com.