Stellan Byrd Christensen
9 months ago
- Work with the overall business to understand the security risks and compliance requirements, develop and maintain the security & compliance roadmap & strategy on a global scale.
- Develop and maintain compliance & security documentation, policies, guidelines, frameworks, standards, and procedures.
- Communicate policies and procedures to stakeholders.
- Develop and direct the implementation of compliance & security standards, regulations and best practices for the Company with respect to international expansion efforts in the U.K., E.U., Mexico & LatAm, etc.
- Oversee global compliance & security awareness strategy and programs fostering a culture where compliance & security is everyone’s responsibility.
- Working directly with teams to develop auditable procedures to ensure on-going compliance.
- Recommending improvements to teams for their assigned controls and checking compliance with critical controls on a regular basis.
- Partnering with Sales, Compliance, Engineering, Legal and Customer Success teams to close business and ensure customers understand our security posture.
- Responding to requests in a timely manner from the internal Compliance team to meet service level agreement commitments for responding to customer and prospect requests.
- Review compliance and audit related matters.
- Training compliance team members.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks as required and assigned.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in FinTech, bank or MSB, and minimum 1 year in a Global Compliance role
- You will be responsible for driving our current compliance efforts, manage the entire audit plan, updating existing controls, providing leadership and coaching to all of the Org's departments, managing third-party auditors, maintaining certifications and international roadmap to future certification.
- SME in the areas of international AML compliance and applicable regulations.
- Customer centric, strategic initiative
- Technical knowledge is a plus