2 months ago
My client is a fast-growing global payment solutions provider operates globally with over 20 offices in China mainland, Hong Kong SAR, the United States, Europe, Japan, Canada, Vietnam, India, South Korea, etc.
Based in company headquarter and reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, the Global Sanctions Compliance Director is responsible for the group-wide sanctions programs.
• Provide Sanctions advisory on matters related to sanctions regulatory compliance of all applicable regimes, especially OFAC sanctions.
• Develop and periodic update the sanctions risk assessment.
• Establish and ensure implementation of global sanctions policies and procedures to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the programs.
• Monitor programs to identify process and system risks and improvement opportunities.
• Mitigate sanctions risks through appropriate control implementation and testing.
• Ensure the program maintains thorough and accurate record keeping.
• Review escalated sanctions review cases to provide approvals or guidance.
• Ensure sanctions true hits are reported immediately and appropriately to relevant authorities in compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Manage screening vendors and conduct periodic due diligence and testing.
• Develop and deliver targeted sanctions trainings to different lines of business and supporting functions.
• Collaborate with external counsel or auditors to conduct independent program testing.
• Drive the special projects in support of the sanctions compliance program as needed.
• College or higher Degree holder of Law (preference), Finance and other related disciplines
• At least 10 years relevant compliance experience in the financial services industry
• Strong and demonstrated knowledge of US OFAC sanctions and other global sanctions regimes regulations, screening programs and sanctions compliance best practices
• Good command of written and spoken English and Mandarin
• Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a global organization to achieve desired objective