4 months ago
A large Fintech client of ours based in San Francisco is looking for an AML Head (Director) who will have overall responsibility for the establishment and maintenance of effective AML program and CTF systems and controls.
This individual will report in to the Senior Compliance leadership team in the US. The AML Director will manage the Financial Crimes team which includes oversight of Investigations, SAR filings, KYC policy and Law Enforcement and also involve a lot of regulatory interaction.
- To develop, operate and maintain systems and controls to prevent the firm’s services from being used for the purposes of financial crime and to meet reporting requirements.
- Establish new, and enhancing current AML and CTF systems and controls, where required.
- Maintaining and developing a risk based approach to AML and CTF arrangements, including carrying out regular assessments of the adequacy of systems and controls to ensure that risks are managed effectively.
- Oversee the implementation of appropriate AML and CTF policies and procedures, while applying the risk-based approach.
- Ensure AML and CTF requirements are considered as part of the development of new products, or service changes.
- Ensure the Board is kept informed of money laundering risks posed by business activities, and how these are managed and mitigated.
- Report to the Board on a regular basis detailing the operational effectiveness of the systems and controls used to combat financial crime.
- Review the output from the suspicious activity monitoring processes.
- Maintain relevance of the AML systems in light of the changing threat and/or regulatory landscape, as applicable.
- Arrange and assist with regulatory visits, third party and internal audit inspections.
- Stay abreast of developments in applicable legislation and guidance (domestic and international where applicable to current or potential business activities).
- Collaborate with partners across the business to ensure policies are updated to meet changing regulatory and business requirements.
- Ensure that relevant staff are provided with AML and CTF training appropriate for their position (frequency and content) and that all new staff receive training within the specified period. Ensure that training materials remain up-to-date and relevant to the business.
- Ensure relevant records are retained as prescribed by applicable laws and regulations.
- Other duties as relevant to the role.
- 10+ years of experience in financial services industry, in a compliance/financial crime related business function.
- Experience in developing and administering internal controls and processes.
- Prior experience managing a large Financial Crime department, including, but not limited to; KYC, Investigations, SAR filings and with Regulatory interactions.
- A senior level individual leader with a strong AML/BSA profile in the US and broad knowledge globally.
If this opportunity interest you, please get in touch!