Up to 100,000 € per year
11 months ago
Head of Automation
Up to 100,000 € per year plus benefits
Hamlyn Williams are currently partnered with a leading equipment supplier to the global process industry. With over 11,00 employees and operations in over 120 countries around the world, they really are a giant of their industry.
They are currently looking to hire a Head of Automation to lead their automation department to be based full time in Bavaria. This person would be responsible for the leadership and strategy of the group locally as well as having indirect influence over the automation group in other locations globally. They would be seen as a senior figure within the business from an engineering stand point of view and looking for an inspiring leader with a self starter mentality who is capable of leading from the front.
Typical Responsibilities will include:
- Manage all aspects of the Automation Department, define priorities, and nominate staff to projects and assignments
- Provide leadership and steering for automation and electrical engineering for customer projects
- Coordination and alignment with key stakeholders of Business
- Promoting good relations with the customer and optimizing communication to customers, representation of Automation at fairs
- Plant optimisation and debottlenecking by use of automation and optimisation to achieve a visible impact on our operational KPIs and profitability, in line with the BU’S continuous improvement culture
- Promote and support efficient project development, execution and review to achieve BDV in automation, electrical engineering and system integration
- Ensure development and implementation of lessons learned / best practices from projects under execution beyond location
- Manage department cost budget and recovery rate targets
- Lead or contribute to BA/ Regional Project Execution coordination meetings to foster alignment of tools, processes and standards across the company
- Support and implement new structures and strategies
- Ensure leadership and motivation by establishing an open and broad communication of the principles, objectives, targets and processes including the feedback communication
- Provide staff with proper support, training and development opportunities to build and maintain world-class Automation capabilities
- Degree Qualified within Automation/Electrical Engineering
- Strong technical Automation background at engineering level is preferred, with a minimum of 7 years experience within industrial engineering
- Previous leadership experience to manage worldwide interfaces.
- Experience of working on major automation and electrical projects from a Project Management perspective.
- Ideally, you would come from a process industry background (Oil & Gas, Pharma, Food & Bev, Chemicals etc.)
- German speaking is preferred but not essential.
If this is something of interest to you and you would like to speak to us further about this opportunity, please click the apply now button and one of our experienced consultants will get in touch!