New Haven, CT
CC- Head of Chemistry
4 months ago
I am currently working with a pre-IPO biotech unlike any other organization, developing small synthetic molecules that directly engage patients' own immune system to target and destroy cancer cells. Their approach has shown preclinically greater safety and efficacy than comparably targeted biologics.
Key requirements include:
- Build an integrated chemistry capability to deliver industry-leading design, synthesis and characterization of molecules
- Manage an integrated chemistry function (internal resources & external resources/consultants/partners) to seamlessly delivery functional responsibilities
- Drive chemistry tool development for target validation/advancement of discovery projects
- Oversee development and execution of chemistry work plans
- PhD in Organic Chemistry with 20+ years of Medicinal Chemistry experience in the (bio)pharmaceutical industry, with a focus on small molecule drug discovery
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated problem-solving skills in Synthetic Organic and Medicinal Chemistry.
- Significant experience applying structural information and molecular modeling to the drug design process.
- Excellent understanding of the drug discovery process and a proven track record of contributing to the identification of lead compounds and clinical candidates.
- Significant experience coordinating outsourced Synthetic Organic and Medicinal Chemistry programs.
- Broad expertise of successfully prosecuting a wide range of biological target classes as a drug discovery project leader or similar team leadership role.
- A track record of communicating scientific concepts and strategies effectively, including a publication record in top-tier, peer reviewed journals.
- Very strong communication and partnering skills.