about 1 month ago
We are looking for a Head of Communications to lead all communications, internal and external, for a leading global fintech, balancing strategic thinking with hands-on implementation and leading proactive and reactive communications from planning to execution. The successful candidate will ideally combine senior experience across all aspects of external communications with an in-depth understanding of internal communications.
This role will be a direct report to the CEO. The role is based in Berlin.
What You'll Do
- Take the lead on internal and external communications in Europe covering all aspects of our business.
- Act as a trusted communications counsel to the regional functional leads team as well as to other local leaders based across Europe when required.
- Draw upon your extensive experience to expertly - and where necessary autonomously - navigate time-sensitive issues and challenging situations with a cool head and safe pair of hands.
- Play an active role on the leadership team driving strategic conversations and decision-making processes with business partners.
- Bring business acumen and creative thinking to developing, planning, and project managing communications programmes aligned to the business' objectives that enhance and protect the company’s reputation.
- Build differentiated thought leadership programming that supports the company’s mission and local business growth goals whether that’s through developing original content for owned channels or identifying, evaluating, and recommending media and speaking opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners to ensure the consistency of our narrative across all channels.
- Be a proactive and dynamic partner to other senior leads within the EMEA and broader global communications team feeding into campaign development, influencing plans, and driving best practice.
- Build and maintain strong relations with key media in order to drive communication objectives and generate accurate and positive coverage.
- The role requires strong operational and project management skills, including PR agency management, as well as effective engagement with stakeholders across the region and at different levels across the business.
- Oversee local budgets and drive a culture of transparency and collaboration with local agency partners.
Who You Are
- 7+ years of relevant communications experience in consumer PR, digital media, entertainment/music industry, or in the tech industry.
- Fluent in English.
- Extensive external communication experience as well as in developing and executing high-profile corporate and consumer communications campaigns and handling complex issues
- An excellent storyteller and communicator with strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to advise and influence senior internal stakeholders in a leadership role.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and under pressure without sacrificing attention to detail
- Collaborative individual who enjoys partnering closely across teams and departments to build and distribute the most impactful communications possible
- Courageous and willing to try out new things and learn from them when they don’t work out as planned so that you understand what you can do next time to make it better.
- A strong writer, strategic thinker, and inventive problem-solver.
- Experience from an international or global corporate environment.