3 months ago
- Regularly reviewing developments in regulatory requirements
- Developing compliance policies and procedures which are appropriate to the size and complexity of the business and which meet regulatory requirements.
- Regularly interacting with clients with new and emerging business models to ensure they are operating within the correct compliance framework.
- Management and development of the Compliance team as the business grows.
- Contributing to the development of new products from a regulatory and financial crime compliance perspective
- Driving business-wide education of the correct compliance standards across the business Compliance monitoring
- Maintenance, update and operation of the Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP) ensuring: all Policies and procedures are periodically reviewed to ensure they continue to meet applicable regulatory requirements.
- Provision of management information to the Board (incl. compliance activity, legislative developments, and risk management)
- Preparation and submission of periodic reports and required notifications to the FCA (including working with finance to provide timely payment of fees and the maintenance of correct authorizations) Governance and risk
- Assisting with the development and operation of appropriate governance arrangement
- Assistance with the monitoring and control of important outsourcing arrangements
- Overseeing the implementation of appropriate Financial Crime policies and procedures, including the operation of the risk-based approach
- Reviewing the output from the suspicious activity monitoring processes
- Ensure that policies and procedures are accurately documented in the Financial Crime Programme which should be available to staff and used to guide training
- Ensure that the Board are kept informed of the money laundering risks posed by the business and its activities, and how these are managed and mitigated
- Reporting to the Board on a regular basis detailing the operation and effectiveness of the systems and controls used to combat financial crime
- Design and implement an internal reporting process for receiving internal Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Maintain a filing system of all internal SARs, separating between those reported to the NCA and those not Ensure that relevant records are retained for the prescribed periods • Where required be the main point of contact for law enforcement officials
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in financial and/or compliance-related business functions.
- Experience in developing and administering internal controls and processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions, with an emphasis on senior management, is essential.
- A demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people is required.
- A willingness to take personal legal responsibility for the prevention of financial crime is essential. Experience working for Fintech essential
- Experience in finding solutions that maintain high compliance standards whilst ensuring best of class client/user experience vital Qualifications
- A professional compliance qualification and membership of a recognised professional body, would be advantageous but not a prerequisite