about 1 month ago
- Demonstrate ownership and conduct the compliance program of the Company;
- Serve as liaison for government organizations in their domain;
- Deploy and maintain industry leading customer due diligence and compliance monitoring process, as well as all processes related to its prevention and handling;
- Develop and govern internal policies and procedures as per the existing and upcoming regulatory requirements;
- Provide a full range of compliance, customer verification, anti-money laundering related support services including advice, guidance mentoring of staff together with robust monitoring and subsequent reporting to the executive team;
- Receive and handle reports from internal and external sources of knowledge or suspicion of money laundering or financial terrorism or that a person may have been, is or may relate to money laundering or financial terrorism;
- Have internal and external reporting knowledge;
- Be responding promptly to any request for information made by the respective competent authorities;
- Be interpreting laws, regulations and guidance notes applicable to anti- money laundering and counter-terrorism financing, ensuring that the Company’s policies reflect the relevant regulatory and legislative requirements;
- Act as a key liaison with the governing bodies` nominated officer or related parties, sharing best practice and understanding and managing cross jurisdictional issues;
- Working with local regulators and keeping abreast of regulatory developments so that the Company ensures effective compliance and adapt quickly to change;
- Assess financial crime risks;
- Oversee regulatory visits and external compliance audits;
- Lead teams responsible for the respective Compliance areas and participate actively in their recruitment, training, onboarding and progress with the organization.
- Higher education, which is suitable for the compliance field of the Company. CAMS certification or equivalent is required.
- Proven management experience of minimum 5 years in Compliance, MLRO or Risk role, with minimum 3 years at a Senior level, is required.
- Profound knowledge of the applicable contemporary practices in the field of Compliance, including but not limited to understanding of regulatory matters regarding MiFID II, AML, GDPR, local and regional regulations. Sound knowledge of local and European banking legislation (including Banking Rules and CRDIV).
- Must have a reasonable understanding of the Company’s business, its technical, financial and organizational structure.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the Company and should have strong written and verbal communication skills. They must have the ability for effective task prioritization and ability for skillful organization and management of all processes part of the Company’s activity.
- Strong communication skills, integrity, initiative, perseverance, organizational and leadership skills, strong ability to follow up, follow through and meet deadlines.