San Diego, CA, USA
$180,000 - $200,000 plus bonus
5 months ago
A large financial services client of ours is looking for a new Head of Enterprise Risk Management to be based in San Diego.
This firm is seeking a Head of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM). This person will lead a second line of defense team responsible for:
- Owning and implementing the operational risk management framework
- Effectively challenging the businesses’ operational risk management activities and providing senior management with an independent assessment of businesses’ operational risk profile
- Identifying new and emerging operational risk themes based on internal and external data
- Use subject matter expertise and industry knowledge to provide independent oversight and credible challenge of business units operational risk management activities
- Direct engagement with the business units and control function leaders to promote a strong operational risk culture
- Active engagement in key front line governance routines inclusive of strategic planning sessions, governance committees and business reviews
- Review and challenge of risk acceptance decisions and new business initiatives
- Influence risk management prioritization by the front line to enable the business to meet strategic objectives, while meeting operational risk program expectations
- Evaluate cross-program and cross-group analytics to identify opportunities and best practices to influence stronger risk management practices by the business
This person will be expected to lead the evolution of the ERM as part of this firm’s broader efforts to enhance its risk management capabilities.
- 10+ years' worth of Operational/Enterprise Risk Management experience
- Leading RCSA function for a large financial institution
- Bachelors Degree
- Leadership, integrity, and credibility
- Strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills
- Analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
If this opportunity interests you and you live in San Diego, please get in touch with an updated resume.