New York, NY, USA
5 months ago
The role is to head up the Finance function in a leadership capacity with a lot of room for growth in the coming years. This role is exciting as the business has a large global presence, so interaction with teams overseas is needed, as is someone who is fluent in Mandarin.
The initial short-term core requirements include overall financial management of a start-up, financial filings with state regulators and coordinating with the corporate finance team in China. The senior leadership team need someone who can handle the financial operations for the US business as it grows its presence in the market over the coming years.
- Finance Degree and other relevant qualifications
- Strong core Finance experience including CPA/CMA, preferably experience in an accounting firm and a company finance role setting
- Prefer experience in overall financial management of a startup, handling all accounting functions.
- Fluent Mandarin skills
- Genuine interest in working with business units outside of just finance and supporting the operational framework
- An understanding of the startup/fintech space, from a Finance perspective
- Problem solving skills, good communication skills and able to work onsite full-time in Manhattan
Finance related duties (adding detail on financial management of startup):
- Accounting - ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of US GAAP and government agencies, and review and improve internal controls and finance management processes
- Tax - ensure tax compliance with the requirements of government agencies and able to develop financial and tax strategies working with advisors as needed
- Budget and funding- prepare and update a detailed budget in line with business expectations, monitor cash forecasts and arrange for financing under the direction of the corporate team
- Manage external relationships with external auditors, banking partners and any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile, working with corporate team
- Be up on all open legal issues involving the company, and aware of legal issues affecting the industry
Business related duties:
- Monitor the implementation of strategic business plans and operational and financial results
- Develop revenue forecasts and financial models to support business development efforts
- Support execution of business initiatives and co-ordinate across internal teams
- Maintain in-depth relations and work closely with business leaders and corporate leaders in China
If this opportunity is of interest, please get in touch!