€80-150,000 + Equity (Dependant on Experience)
15 days ago
Our client in Cryptocurrency is rapidly growing and as part of their global expansion plans, we're working together to search for a Head of Finance to join the ever-growing team in Dublin, Ireland. You will be heading up the Finance function for all of Dublin and be integral to the success & development of the operations globally.
You will report to the General Manager, CFO & Board of Directors while being responsible for supporting the business during their EMI license application and ensure their regulatory compliance obligations are met.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Prepare and maintain operating budgets, local accounting and reconciliation mechanisms and manage and oversee the cash flow of the company ensuring it has the appropriate treasury controls.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive financial strategy to support business growth goals, and regulatory requirements, ensuring all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations.
- Maintain and enhance the existing stress testing methodology and scenarios to ensure they continue to meet the needs of the Company and external regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and file financial statements, VAT and tax returns, as applicable.
- Prepare and file regulatory reporting as required by the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasting and periodic reporting of financial results.
- Conduct profit and cost analyses, identifying funding requirements and cost reduction strategies.
- Maintain and oversee banking relationships.
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience in the Financial Services sector with proven experience (5+ years) as a Head of Finance function or similar, preferably in regulated institutions.
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping.
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management with a depth of knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory frameworks in Ireland and requirements related to Financial institutions, Electronic Money, and Crypto assets is an advantage.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Deep understanding of the Financial Services sector and products. Knowledge and experience within FinTech, Blockchain and Crypto assets operations is an advantage.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- A proven track record of working effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the Company and within and across a decentralised international and matrixed environment.
- High degree of integrity, initiative, perseverance, coupled with exceptional organisational, analytical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity to understand the bigger picture and drive change to make a difference in the organisation.
- Data analytics skills preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to execute under pressure whilst meeting deadlines.
- Educated to a degree level, ideally within Accounting, Finance, or relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CFA/CPA/ACA/ACCA) will be considered as an advantage.