14 days ago
A Fintech client of ours is looking for a Financial Crime expert to lead its growing team. Theis role will report to the Chief Compliance Officer and provide expertise across the business globally to maintain a compliance management system commensurate with all AML, terrorist financing, sanctions, and fraud risk functions.
- Develop and maintain a financial crimes compliance risk management framework to align with emerging trends, business strategy and growth by building and leading high-performing teams, optimizing processes and implementing data-driven, technology-oriented and programmatic approaches that strengthen the effectiveness and scalability of compliance and fraud controls.
- Enhance and execute financial crimes compliance program components, including regulatory change management, risk assessments, policies, procedures, monitoring, testing, issue management and training.
- Oversee financial crimes compliance, including fraud, sanctions and financial intelligence functions.
- Respond to law enforcement and other legal inquiries.
- Perform root cause analysis and remediation of financial crimes compliance exceptions.
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to develop innovative and effective solutions in accomplishing compliance and business objectives.
- Maintain deep understanding of regulatory and industry developments and perform risk and impact assessments to validate compliance with laws, regulations and company standards.
- Identify and support implementation of technology and data-driven solutions and analytical methods to facilitate compliance with current and anticipated applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to develop others and uplift the organization’s compliance intelligence.
- Bachelor’s degree & CAMS required
- 10+ years of BSA experience, including experience in a startup environment
- Extensive knowledge and expertise of global financial institutions, crypto, money service business, payments or banking compliance is a MUST
- Experience building and managing high-performing teams
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch!