17 days ago
Client - Large Foregin Bank in New York City
This individula would be responsible for supervising the IT audit function in the oversight, design and execution of audit coverage for the Bank's US IT audit program. The coverage will include but not limited to:
1) Audits of IT systems and risks, Cyber Security/InfoSec, applications and data goverance;
2) Attendant risks undertaken in the lines of business and control functions;
3) Interactions with regulators, reporting and communication, as well as examination preparation and coordination on IT related project and validation.
IT Audit Strategy & Plan
• Plan, design, execute, and supervise the audit coverage strategy of the IT systems, operations and IT risk management, information security/ cyber security risk management, and applications.
• Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of business areas, its products, and supporting functions
• Supervise the execution of the approved annual IT audit plan as driven by the risk assessment and the development and maintenance of the audit programs and questionnaires.
• Follow-up on open audit issues and their resolution
• Ensure the delivery of audit reports and Internal Audit feedback that is complete, insightful, timely, error free and concise.
Oversight of Action Plans
• Evaluate management action plans to ensure that they adequately address the audit issues raised.
• Direct and/or perform issue tracking and risk-based validation of issues specific to the IT environment.
• Follow-up with accountable business and control leaders to ensure control issues are effectively and completely resolved.
• Coordinate with the key stakeholders to identify emerging issues and distill thematic or systemic control issues affecting the US operation
• Establish and maintain relationships with senior internal stakeholders for the IT and data management and quality programs.
Continuous Program & People Improvement
• Update the audit programs, risk assessment and audit plans timely.
• When necessary, coordinate with the Data Analysis group in the design and implementation of continuous monitoring of the IT and data controls during integrated audits
• Recommend improvements in streamlining audit methodology.
• Optimize the use of the audit workflow tool, when necessary during integrated audits.
• Design the auditor professional development plan specific to related skills.
• Provide coaching and on-the-job training to audit staff.
• Serve as the department subject matter expert on IT risks and audit procedures to test these risks.
• Minimum 12 years of experience in a IT audit role; experience in managing IT first line or second line risk management at a large banking organization a plus.
• Experience with Data Analytics tools and techniques
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present complex and sensitive issue to senior management are required
• Ability to build rapport with internal stakeholders and examiners is required
• Experience in ensuring documentary sufficiency of analytical procedure to support audit standards and bank regulatory expectations is required
• Experience as a bank examiner, auditor, consultant or compliance professional with a strong understanding of IT risks is required
• Knowledge with internal audit frameworks and IT audit frameworks is required