Based on experience
8 days ago
Head of Market Risk
Hamlyn Williams is partnered with a leading Banking Institution based in Switzerland. As Head of Market Risk you will lead the Market Risk & Product Control team focused on the trading and treasury activities of the bank. Daily risk calculations and limit adherence checks for the units carrying market risk together with independent compilations of profit and loss figures allow for a transparent and save business environment that ensures ‘checks and balances’. Reconciliations of positions, cash accounts and profit and loss statements ensure data integrity across systems; independent price verification and model validation ensure proper and consistent valuations.
As a Head of Market Risk you will:
- Assessing new products in the new product approval process
- Special trade monitoring and approval of special transactions Review quality of risk and stress information
- Assure adequate set-up of trading book positions in the VaR engine (including IT specifications and assurance of completeness and correctness)
- Further development and maintenance of tailor made risk applications; increase efficiency of current processes (review, propose enhancements, drive implementation) and increase degree of automation Leading a team of market risk specialists
- Communication with senior management on trading risk related aspects
- Stakeholder in projects initiated by Trading (business as well as IT driven)
- Stakeholder in Market Risk & Product Control roadmap projects to increase overall efficiency
As a Head of Market Risk you will need:
- Able to work on own initiative, willing to take responsibility
- Able to critically scrutinize numbers, statements and explanations, able to oversee complexity
- Distinguished flexibility and efficiency
- Team-oriented, able to motivate highly qualified, technically minded staff
- Good communication skills up to senior management level
- Very strong analytical skills, ability to assess the full scope of a problem
- Flair for numbers, ability to set numbers into context and interpret them
- Excellent know how in process optimisation and automation (programing skills in python or SQL is a plus)
- Deep knowledge of financial markets, products and their representation in trading systems
- Experience in front trading applications like Front Arena, Murex etc.
- Several years of experience in the trading environment (market risk, valuation control, model validation or trading)
- Organized and reliable working style
- Experience in leading an expert team (10+ years)
- Business fluency in both - German and English
- Education: Higher university degree (or similar) in a quantitative area (PhD level)
Select the Apply button below or contact me directly.
I am a Risk & Governance market specialist working with a large variety of clients across the Financial Services industries in Benelux and Dachs. If this role is of interest to you, or if you’d like to explore other opportunities in the market, please feel free to reach out directly. Contact Luke Nash at 0203 994 882 or at email@example.com.