about 2 months ago
HW is currently engaged with one of the biggest internet scale-up business' in Europe, who specifically focus on the consumer retail space.
Head of Regulatory Reporting
Stockholm or London, Sweden or UK
The regulatory reporting team is responsible for the accurate and timely provision of data to regulatory authorities in Sweden and around the world. The team is based in Stockholm, Sweden with some colleagues in Berlin, Germany. Beyond its core reporting duties, the team provides technical support around regulatory matters to colleagues across the business, monitors and plans for regulatory developments, ensures the business maintains adequate capital in relation to its risk profile and supports product and market expansions.
Who you are We are looking for someone ambitious with significant drive! We need a problem solver, initiative taker, someone that sees opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking them to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual.
This will be a hands-on finance role, suited to a self-starter with strong communication and organisation skills. The role will interact heavily with other key areas of finance and stakeholders globally.
Some of responsibilities will include
● Provide support in all regulatory reporting matters for the Group and its subsidiaries and proactively communicate around capital adequacy and regulatory developments with senior management
● Represent regulatory reporting for both new market and product expansions
● Represent regulatory reporting for merger & acquisition / significant transactions reviews
● Create internal performance indicators and regulatory reports through BI solutions ● Drive process improvements and maintain a robust control and process framework for regulatory reporting
● Assist the accountable lead for regulatory reporting to manage the risks arising for regulatory reporting
● Ensure compliance with the group policies and maintain/enhance the regulatory reporting policies
● Develop and support colleagues across the regulatory reporting team You should have
You will bring;
● A degree from a university in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics, Science, Engineering or Business)
● Applicable work experience within regulatory reporting
● Ability to multitask and operate in a fast-paced environment
● Strong analytical and problem solving skills
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills and in particular the ability to convey complex messages quickly and succinctly
● Experience with EBA regulations with other regulations a merit
● Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English. You might also have
● A relevant postgraduate or professional qualification in regulatory compliance, financial services, accountancy, internal audit or finance.
● An accounting degree from a recognised professional association
● Understanding of local Swedish regulatory reporting requirements
● Understanding of other local regulatory reporting requirements
● Experience in system implementation within the financial services industry
● Experience in process improvements
● Strong attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem-solving
● Significant drive and ambition
● Strong conceptual ability