New York, NY
$160-180k base + bonus & benefits
3 months ago
The Head of Compliance Risk Assessment will report to the Chief Compliance Officer and will be responsible for the defining the regulatory compliance risk appetite for various legal entities and managing a comprehensive risk assessment framework to ensure the applicable regulatory compliance risks and internal controls are identified and assessed to determine the risk profile for applicable laws/regulations as applicable to respective legal entities. The results of the risk assessment process will be utilized to drive monitoring and testing initiatives and refocus resources as new emergent risks are identified. This role will manage a small team of specialists who will conduct compliance risk assessments. Management reporting of the risk profiles and ongoing evolution thereof will be required. Responsibilities:
- Synthesizes and socializes a regulatory compliance risk appetite statement and supporting framework.
- Designs a comprehensive Compliance Risk Assessment (CRA) framework for the Americas Division identifying the inherent risk of applicable laws/regulations/rules and assessing the efficacy of internal controls to derive residual risk profile.
- Provides leadership and guidance to CRA stakeholders as to the methodology, technical aspects and interpreting results.
- Develops risk dashboards designed to identifies the regulatory compliance risk profile on an ongoing basis.
- Integrates the results of the CRA with the Compliance monitoring and testing units to drive a risk-based application of compliance resources regarding their monitoring and testing activities.
- Stays abreast of the changing regulatory landscape and updating risk appetite statement and CRA framework as necessary
- Bachelors Degree required; Advanced Degree highly preferred; Minimum of 15 years of prior regulatory, compliance, and/or risk management experience.
- Financial services experience and knowledge of wholesale banking products as well as commercial leasing business, preferred;Securities and swap dealer experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with securities and swap dealer laws, regulations and rules is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. banking laws and regulations with emphasis on BSA/AML and sanctions laws regulations.
- Demonstrated track record of increasing management responsibilities and project management responsibilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and re-prioritize workloads as necessary. Demonstrates strong judgement, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Ability to drive change and build consensus with relevant stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills to understand project goals and interpret them into meaningful action.
- Ability to analyze results and identify trends / forecasting using resultant data and other available metrics (e.g., KPI, KRIs, etc.) while promoting measures to mitigate regulatory compliance risk.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal) to successfully interface with all levels of management and maintain solid working relationships in a collaborative group environment.
- Ability to identify and recruit human capital and foster growth and development amongst the team.