about 2 months ago
Head of Risk
Hamlyn Williams is partnering with a Wholesale & Private Bank based in London. Headquartered in the GCC this is one of the largest banks in the region. Reporting into the CEO you will be responsible for establishing the London Branch risk appetite and ensuring that it is aligned to the Group Risk appetite and the London Branch business as agreed with the London Branch Exco. In establishing the risk appetite, the Head of Risk will work closely with all control functions within the London Branch. This role will hold the SM4 function
As Head of Risk your responsibilities will be:
- Maintain appropriate procedures for risk identification, measurement, and assessment as well as procedures for risk management.
- Chair of the London Branch Risk Committee and ensure it is an effective and fit for purpose Risk committee.
- Responsible for the risk management framework including the maintenance of the operational risk management, market risk management, liquidity risk management, and other risks such as conduct risk management.
- Provides oversight and validation of the branch’s reporting of risk and ensuring controls are adequate to proactively manage current risks as well as forward-looking risks.
- Ensure all risk limits (i.e. Market Risk Limits, Treasury Credit Limits and Issuer Risk limits) as sanctioned by the Group are complied with.
- Advice on risk strategy and oversight of current risk exposures and ensure that residual risk is within risk appetite.
You will have:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of working within Risk Management in the Financial Services sector with a focus on a holistic risk management process for the Branch including but not limited to operational risk, market risk, liquidity risk, and conduct risk.
- Strong technical knowledge as well an ability to translate this into practical solutions for the Bank.
- A strong ability to influence senior management both in London Branch and at Head Office.
- Leadership skills including the ability to manage risk and control activities in a financial operation and including an extensive understanding of Operational, Market, Liquidity and Conduct risk.
If you are interested please contact me directly at email@example.com
I am a Quantitative Analytics & Risk market specialist working with a large variety of clients across Financial Services. If this role is of interest to you, or if you’d like to explore other opportunities in the market, please feel free to reach out directly. Contact Luke Nash at +442039657291 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.