about 1 month ago
A banking client of ours is looking for a new Head of HR, this role can be located in Detroit. The Human Resources Director is responsible for managing the following activities: Performance Management, Employee Relations, Compliance, Recruiting, Staffing, Benefits, Leaves of Absence, and Workers Compensation, among other responsibilities. You will oversee a team of 5 individuals who will share responsibilities and duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively manages the Performance Management program including 1) consulting with managers regarding completion of goals and objectives and performance 2) tracking to ensure timely completion of goals and objectives and performance reviews and 3) review and modification of goals and objectives and performance review forms and templates.
- Effectively consult with managers regarding merit increase, ensuring high quality recommendations are made within established timeframes.
- Provides sound and legally defensible advice and consultation to managers with respect to HR policy/guideline interpretation, compensation, employee relations, performance management, recruitment, and training and development issues.
- May develop and deliver training on a variety of HR topics as needed. Identifies resources and refers staff to appropriate training and development resources.
- Responds to and works to resolve employee concerns regarding work-related issues in a timely manner, balancing company and employee interests and taking into consideration relevant laws and regulations.
- May conduct investigations or may coordinate with external consultants to complete investigations in accordance with best practices.
- Effectively reviews and consults with management regarding involuntary separations by minimizing risk to the company as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with HR-related federal, state and locals laws and regulation to minimize company exposure to liability.
- Maintain current knowledge of human resources trends and human resources-related legislation
- Manage the Employee Handbook and the Corporate Code of Ethics to ensure consistent and high quality delivery. Track potential changes and update as needed or as directed and coordinate the publication and distribution.
- Monitor San Francisco City and County Ordinances, ensure HR practices are in compliance.
Recruiting and Staffing
- Oversees all recruitment activities and provides support to Sr. HR Generalist in charge in daily recruitment activities
- Leads recruiting efforts for specific roles by partnering with managers to identify their needs, sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, hiring candidates, and onboarding
- Provides support to managers on staffing transactions and coordinates all associated activities with the HR team
- Administers the benefits program for employees by ensuring benefits are setup properly for employees to elect
- Manages the relationship with the benefits administrator and the benefits carriers to resolve issues and improve processes
- Works directly with employees on individual benefits needs and with troubleshooting
- Leads the planning, implementation, and monitoring of Open Enrollment
- Manage benefits compliance related processes such as ACA reporting
Leave of Absence Management
- Oversees the Leave of Absence program by ensuring the program is compliant with all city, state, and federal laws.
- Manage leave of absence claims
Workers Compensation Management
- Administers the Workers Compensation program for all employees
- Actively manages all Workers Compensation claims
- Maintains all collateral related to the Workers Compensation program to ensure they are accessible and up-to-date
- Manages the annual Worker’s Compensation Audit
- Manages the completion of projects for the HR team and leads individual projects
- Ensure cost-effective and efficient management of human resources related expenses within assigned area of responsibility.
- Identify, research and recommend best practices and effectiveness to HR process and procedures.
- Effectively consult with management regarding the human resources impact of organizational transition and change.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of human resources policies, programs, and practices including knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations as evidenced by 6 years of experience in an Human Resources function.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to present sound, fact-based arguments to influence situations, to listen effectively, to select and use appropriate communication methods, and to present ideas and information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to respond rapidly and independently to requests, quickly discern relevant facts, identify and negotiate solutions that balance company and employee needs, and follow through to ensure resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to find, access, evaluate and use information.
- Demonstrated ability to read, to analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to define problems, to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of information and deal with multiple abstract and concrete variables.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and proactively develop well thought out recommendations with respect to HR issues.
- Demonstrated ability to independently anticipate, analyze and resolve complex problems, situations and data.
- Demonstrated ability to independently exercise sound judgment and decision-making within broadly defined polices, programs and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to conclusion. Ability to move between multiple projects or activities and remain focused.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with and influence all levels of management.
- Ability to effectively and independently resolve problems, identify, and negotiate solutions that balance company and employee needs.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively respond to changing and sometimes ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach, develop and manage staff.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word and Excel. Familiarity with ADP HRIS desired but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to complete objectives and projects with broad managerial direction. Work is reviewed at the time of completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years human resources experience in multiple human resources functions (staffing, compensation, employee relations and training.)
- 5+ years of experience managing human resources professionals
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification
- PHR or SPHR certification
If this opportunity interest you, please get in touch! M.email@example.com