$60,000 - $100,000
8 months ago
IBM z/OS Mainframe - Automation Technician – AVP
The Enterprise Automation team designs implements manages and globally maintains all Automation systemic functions on IBM z/OS Mainframes.
My client are an industry-leading, financial services company with a robust history as a major market leader in the United States.
They have a fantastic opportunity for a mainframe specialist with IBM z/OS experience to join their growing team. You will be involved in providing support for all automation and monitoring user script issues.
You will be heavily involved in designing, implementing, managing and globally maintaining all automation systemic functions on IBM z/OS mainframes.
- Provide Level 1 and BAU type support for all automation related issues globally
- Participate on Operational Excellence related calls where required
- Service all related Automation type requests
- Create test and maintain automation scripts to eliminate manual intervention
- Provide vehicle for auto escalation and auto ticketing
- proficient in the support and enhancement of both AFOPER/IRM and System Automation
- Provide reports and metrics for Sr. Management that highlight the value of automation tools
- Provide 24x7 on-call support as predefined rotation
- Facilitate Marketplace requests to completion within agreed upon Service agreements
- Engage with global customers to ensure consistency
Skills and Preferred Qualifications
- Ideal candidate must possess between 3 - 5 years of working knowledge and proficient in System Automation for z/OS
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of working knowledge in IRM (Integrated Resource Manager) Automation software product for z/OS
- Strong working knowledge in IBM Omegaview software product for z/OS
- Strong working knowledge TSO and REXX Background in mainframe programming skills in REXX Clist
- Sound history of strong customer focus The ability to generate ideas and discussions
- Capability to absorb and understand technical information and impart knowledge to their colleagues.
- The ability to work through problems in a methodical approach whilst under pressure
- Self starting and pro-active approach to their work