about 1 month ago
Hamlyn Williams has partnered up with a Dutch financial institution looking for an In-House Lawyer in their Legal team, consisting of 15 lawyers and legal support colleagues located in The Hague and 2 lawyers in Frankfurt. The team is involved in a wide variety of areas, working closely with our business colleagues on client transactions, new initiatives, regulatory projects, treasury programmes and contracting arrangements. These cover the needs of both our corporate and consumer banking divisions as well as those arising from our client’s own internal, regulatory and strategic requirements. Whilst the Legal team is loosely grouped into specialisms, such groups are fluid and the team operates as a unit, with team members’ work being varied and determined more by business need and team members’ preferences than by strict sector lines.
As an In-House Lawyer you will:
You will be a member of the Legal team and will work primarily on contracting and general corporate law issues of our client, as well as being involved in reviewing and advising on regulatory developments. The latter will be in close cooperation with our client’s regulatory affairs and change management team, which is a separate office within our client’s Compliance team. You will be expected to work on a day to day basis in an open and collaborative manner with other members of a deal or project team across the organisation, liaising with our business colleagues, monitoring (if relevant) the work of external lawyers and ensuring that all internal requirements and needs are addressed.
As an In-House Lawyer you will need:
The minimum job requirements are as follows:
- Law graduate, who has 3-5 years’ experience working in a law firm or bank, ideally in the field of IT contracting and/or general contracting/procurement matters
- Dutch or English law qualified, though other qualifications may be considered if candidates have additional skills or experience
- Fluent in Dutch and English (both oral and written), German language skills would be an advantage
- Awareness of regulatory trends and developments in the corporate banking area
- An analytical mind
- Hands-on solution seeker
Personality & Skills
- High personal ethical standards
- Analytical capability and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized
- Able to thrive and defend position in the face of conflicting opinions and interests
- Able to deal with the ‘letter of the law’ and the ‘spirit of the law’
- Team player
- Passion for delivering excellent service to the business colleagues within our client –being the primary clients of our client’s Legal team– and more generally to our client’s own clients.
I am a Financial Services market specialist working with a large variety of clients across the Compliance and Financial Crime industries. If this role is of interest to you, or if you’d like to explore other opportunities in the market, please feel free to reach out directly. Contact Selina Wandrei at +31208087237 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.