£50,000 - £60,000
18 days ago
Hamlyn Williams are working in partnership with a growing VC funded Fintech B2B enterprise start-up platform organisation who are seeking an Innovation Consultant to join them as they continue their strong expansion moving into the second half of 2022.
This position is to support their marketplace and Fintech/Financial Services industry propositions. Working in a dynamic, agile, collaborative environment, the role works with clients, product and engineering leads to ensure clients get benefit from their products, and inform the product direction of the platform.
This opportunity is a hybrid position – 3 days WFH 2 days in office in London.
- Working closely with the onboard clients to implement the platform, understanding the needs of the clients and working with them to maximise client usage and experience
- Working with clients to identify opportunities to use the platform.
- Identifying user needs and communicating them with the Product/Engineering team to ensure the product meets user needs.
- Preparing and maintaining reports, presentations and roadmaps for internal and external stakeholders.
- Presenting written business recommendations that will help shape the direction of a product / business.
- Collaborate and support the product team to help validate product ideas, outline scope, vision and broader deliverables.
- Implementation activities including experimentation documentation, results, and innovation operating models to ensure alignment with key stakeholders so that the product is fit for purpose
- Some prior experience in finance or technology, and an understanding of key trends in this industry.
- You will be able to work with clients to interpret and baseline user needs from stakeholders (banks & fintechs) in the financial services
- Previous experience within a Financial Institution, consultancy, startup or scaleup.
- Logical, broad-minded, with strong attention to detail and a desire for end-to-end ownership of deliverables.
- An ability to work in a flexible environment.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal and oral and written communication skills with the ability to develop and present conclusions and recommendations to senior management.
- Able to effectively execute and prioritise tasks
- Collaborative with a positive attitude, empathy and ability to make timely decisions
- Positive, dynamic and resilient individual, open to change and able to adapt to changing circumstances
- A track record of client facing roles and a comfort in owning a day-to-day client relationship.
- £50,000 - £60,000 salary DOE
- Equity options available
If you are interested and have the relevant experience please apply below or email Jamie Watts on firstname.lastname@example.org