Internal Audit Manager - Tier 1 Bank
6 months ago
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Audit Manager in Düsseldorf, Germany.
In this role, you will:
• Develop a good understanding of the strengths, weaknesses and limitations of the banks' current business model and how that might impact an audit.
• Fully understand the impact of their audit findings, including recommendations for improvements in business processes, on the current and future business model and operating environment.
• Ensure that work at all times suitably reflects the changing scope, nature and risk profile of the business, thereby optimising the audit value-added.
• Ensure that the scope, approach and methodology of each audit are fully reflective of the importance of their focus on its customers and the quality of the operating environment necessary to support that focus.
• Clearly communicate issues and associated risks and identify the root cause and the possible strategic implications.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
• Experience working in relevant environments - Good understanding of risks and controls in retail banking and/or wealth management – experience auditing IT systems, operations and any other risk area relevant to the retail bank would be beneficial.
• Role relevant qualifications, i.e. CIA, Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Association of Certified Anti Money laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
• Availability to undertake the travel required for this role, i.e. Some amount of travel required mainly within the UK and Europe
• Experience working in the relevant market, context, i.e. Financial Services is desirable but not essential
• Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
• A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own, or others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes