Boston, MA, USA
about 1 month ago
Our client, a fast growing investigations firm, is looking for a high energy, detail-oriented International Investigations Manager who will play an essential role in the company’s mission by managing a team of highly skilled, multilingual investigators and manage a workload consisting of deep-dive investigations in both US and non-US jurisdictions. Clients include high-profile banks, multinational organizations, law firms, and private equity firms.
The International Investigations Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Lead a team of multi-lingual, skilled investigators, coaching and developing team members to maintain high energy and high performance.
- Develop department-specific training, with an understanding of how department training interacts and overlaps with company policies and procedures.
- Encourage feedback and team participation among direct reports, escalating to other department heads as necessary.
- Attend to department’s operational details, keeping an eye on direct reports’ schedules, expenses, and workflow.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Maintain stability in a rapidly changing environment, with the ability to envision the intended result and communicate changes to team
- Communicate with Client Relations team, investigators, and senior management to ensure deliverables and timelines are achievable.
- Communicate with Clients, as necessary.
- Conduct and supervise complex, cross-jurisdictional deep dive investigations on individuals and entities as needed to maintain department’s workflow balance.
- Research potential business partnerships and collaborate with vendors that will contribute to the accuracy, efficiency, or value of the team’s work product.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in investigations
- 3+ year of management experience
- Charismatic and natural leadership ability, with a demonstrated excitement for building teams and developing talent
- Industry knowledge, including familiarity with FCRA Regulation and informational databases such as Lexis Nexis, Westlaw, CLEAR, and TLO
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, GSuite.
- Sense of urgency in accomplishing goals and objectives to ensure success
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character; experience handling confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Degrees in Criminal Justice, Political Science, or International Studies a plus
- Advanced degrees a plus
- International experience a plus
- Additional language proficiencies desired