about 1 month ago
Our client is a due diligence and corporate investigations startup that protects companies of all sizes by providing more information about the people and companies they do business with. They are actively recruiting a manager who will contribute to the firm’s recent growth and support their mission of protecting the investments of business leaders across professional industries.
Our client is looking for an experienced Investigations Manager who will play an essential role in the company’s mission by leading a team of investigators who perform deep-dive investigations on behalf of their roster of clients, including high-profile banks, law firms, and private equity firms.
The Investigations Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Lead team of due diligence investigators, coaching and developing team members to maintain high energy and high performance
- Develop department-specific training, with an understanding of how department training interacts and overlaps with company policies and procedures
- Encourage feedback and team participation among direct reports, escalating to other department heads as necessary
- Attend to department’s operational details, keeping an eye on direct reports’ schedules, expenses, and workflow
- Maintain stability in a rapidly changing environment, with the ability to envision the intended result and communicate changes to team
- Communicate with Client Relations team to ensure deliverables and timelines are achievable
- Conduct complex deep dive investigations on individuals and entities for investment and lending purposes as needed to maintain department’s workflow balance
- Research potential business partnerships and collaborate with vendors that will contribute to the accuracy, efficiency, or value of the team’s work product
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in investigations
- 1+ year of management experience
- Charismatic and natural leadership ability, with a demonstrated excitement for building teams and developing talent
- Industry knowledge, including familiarity with FCRA Regulation and informational databases such as Lexis Nexis, Westlaw, CLEAR, and TLO
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Google applications.
- Sense of urgency in accomplishing goals and objectives to ensure success
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character; experience handling confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Political Science, or International Studies