50,000 - 60,000
2 days ago
Assistant Manager, IT
Hamlyn Williams is partnered with a fantastic bank based in London. Due to growth in their London team, they are looking for a new AM in the IT team. The IT team provides general IT support to London branch users and infrastructure. This includes but not limited to desktop and peripherals provisioning, management and support, backup and restore operations, Disaster recovery/BCP planning and testing, INA IT pre- and post-audit activities, Regulatory reporting, Barx and Bloomberg systems support, Avaya phones and Airwatch Boxer MDM support, cyber-security and IT security awareness and implementation and automation of routine tasks to improve service delivery
As an IT AM you will:
- Ensure effective day-to-day running and operations of Server, Branch Network, Branch workstations and Printers.
- Build and install PCs, laptops, telephone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, and mobile/smartphones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with organization standards.
- Provide the first level of technical support for London branch staff, and call upon suppliers or Head Office support as necessary in accordance with defined procedures.
- Maintain installed PCs, laptops, networks, servers, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance.
- Provide technical assistance and support during annual BCP testing/invocation ensuring systems are available and working for BCP.
- Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems
- Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to senior team leaders for consideration and implementation
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines
As an IT AM you will need:
- Graduate/Diploma Holder in Computer Science
- Relevant Certifications such as Microsoft and Cisco.
- 5+ years of proven experience in IT as a Lead Desktop support engineer / Assistant IT Manager / Team Lead.
- Good Understanding of Computer Support and Troubleshooting, Knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows Server products.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery.5
- Knowledge of IT Hardware/Software
- Proficient in MSOffice products with skills in Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Analytical mind and Problem solving skills
If this role is of interest to you, or if you’d like to explore other opportunities in the market, please feel free to reach out directly. Contact Luke Nash at 0203 994 882 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.