New York City
Depending on Experience
6 months ago
Our client, a financial services company based in New York City, NY is seeking an IT Risk & Control Officer (AVP) to join their team on a full-time basis. Hamlyn Williams have been enlisted to identify suitable candidates for an immediate start.
As an IT Risk & Control Officer you will be analyzing security, threats, risks and exposures, determining the causes of security deviations and suggesting procedures to halt future incidents and improve security.
You will collaborates cross functionally in business and system requirements analysis. Develop techniques and procedures for conducting and reporting IS and cyber security analysis, risk assessments, and compliance audits, the evaluation and testing of hardware, firmware and software for possible impact on system security, and the investigation and resolution of security incidents such as intrusion, frauds, attacks or leaks.
- Conduct and peer review security and risk related analysis activities in accordance with security analysis standards
- Contribute to standards for data gathering, calculations, reporting, and quality of analysis activities.
- Oversee analysis processes and standards for business and system requirements and capabilities (e.g., access controls) including data gathering, calculations, and formal reporting.
- Build strong relationships with Peers across functions through collaborative analysis and reporting exercises.
- Identify, assess, remediate, and track information technology risks
- Plan and execute compliance audits, including risk assessment, audit scope, identifying and testing processes/controls and developing specific recommendations
- Coordinate analysis of existing issues and incidents, along with actions, to ensure they are being managed in line with Risk Management Strategy and Standards
- Monitor any legal regulator non-compliance as part of the divisional risk management process and develop recommendations for remediation
- Coordinate mechanisms to improve documentation, track progress, coordinate all improvement efforts, and monitor process improvement effectiveness
- Guide and advise IT stakeholders to ensure that Issue and Incident Management processes are followed appropriately
Our client is able to offer market leading packages to qualified hires with amazing benefits including competitive benefits & profit-sharing.
At this stage US Citizen/Greencard holders are preferred but we are willing to consider H-1B transfers on a case by case basis as well as candidates that would need to relocate for the position.
This company has excellent infrastructure in place so given the COVID climate will be conducting all phases of the interview process remotely (including onboarding).
Please share your most recent resume & availability to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.