130,000 - 170,000
5 months ago
Lead Application Developer, Vice President
Location: Boston, MA
Salary: 130K – 170K
My client is seeking a Lead Developer to help build their next generation of web applications that will have a meaningful impact on their customers and business.
Their system is an award-winning post-trade solution developed mainly for asset managers and their counterparties that provides electronic matching, confirmation, and communication of settlement info for FX and money-market funds. The platform has recently rebranded and embarked on strategic enhancements to create additional value-add to its client base.
This system is part of a suite of market-leading e-trading platforms, technology, data, and workflow solutions from my client.
As an Application Developer – Vice President you will
- Design and enhance leading FX settlement, confirmation, and clearing suite of products
- Collaborate closely with product management, QA, and other developer team members
- Identify and implement best practices in coding and design, while keeping up on the latest developments in web technologies
- Innovate and transform a business idea into highly used features and services for consumers
- 10+ years of enterprise software development in Java
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, SOLID principles, and multi-threading concepts
- Familiarity with Kafka and distributed caching technologies like Hazelcast, Redis
- Knowledge with Websocket programming using Netty or Spring Reactor, Webflux or RxJava
- Hands-on experience with REST-based microservices and best patterns implementing them
- Hand on experience with relational databases like Oracle or Postgres
- Experience with Spring, Spring Boot, JPA and hibernate
- Experienced working in the financial industry specifically trade life cycle management
- Experienced with financial formats SWIFT, FIX
- Enthusiastic about building excellent software with customer focus and empathy
- Team player with a desire to learn, sense of urgency, and ownership and thrive in fast-paced environments