3 months ago
A large Biopharmaceutical client of ours, located in the San Francisco area is currently hiring for a Legal Advisor to work with its Global business (based in Europe) to handle US operations.
The US Legal Advisor will be responsible for the daily support of certain functions represented in our US office, including but not limited to Commercial, Finance, HR, Management. This will include drafting, negotiating and supporting a variety of agreements in support of the corporate and commercial efforts for the business. This person will be part of the Legal team and will also work very closely with the US Compliance Team.
As a key member of the US Legal Team, this individual must have the appropriate level of business and compliance experience, as well as sound judgment to advise the business on complex legal issues and processes. This individual must have prior experience with establishing relations to US payers and pricing matters and will be expected to support the US Commercial organization in the efforts to commercialize our pipeline products in the US. The position requires periodic international travel (5-10 days per year).
• Assist the Commercial organization in the establishment and maintenance of the contractual framework with payers
• Act as an integrated part of establishing and maintaining a pricing structure, including serving on the Pricing Committee
• Develop and support contracting policies and procedures to support US operations
• Be a trusted advisor to the organization as well as management and be an advocate for a transparent and compliant contracting culture
• Create and deliver legal compliance education (Training and Awareness) for US employees and managers, including both introductory and ongoing training
• On an ongoing basis, support the communication of emerging trends, new policies, procedures and expectations to the US and Group Legal organizations
• Assist the US organization in identifying and prioritizing legal risks and opportunities on an ongoing basis
• Support business critical initiatives and projects across the organization
• Must have a Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school
• Current member in good standing of the California or any state bar or a California Registered In-House Counsel
• 10+ years’ experience in the healthcare industry, including at least 4 years working in an in-house legal function
• Strong first-hand knowledge of the legal framework around commercializing pharmaceutical products in the US including payer contracting
• Excellent first-hand knowledge of pharmaceutical pricing matters
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotech industry laws, guidelines, and codes
• Able to work independently and to prioritize multiple demands
• Ability to obtain and manage external legal support, as deemed necessary
If this opportunity interest you, please get in touch!