$140,000 - $160,000 + Token + Equity
23 days ago
We have partnered with an exciting Crypto FinTech that is looking for a Legal Counsel. In this role, you will help drive sales, product development, and general market insights to steer the company on the right legal front. The ideal candidate is fascinated with defi and crypto and is eager to be an integral part of building Data Mynt and pushing the industry forward.
- Advise leadership and business teams on legal issues, opportunities, and risks, regulatory matters, complex agreement structures, approval processes, and intellectual property matters related to new businesses and opportunities in the Banking, Payment, and Crypto ecosystems
- Work with the leadership team to drive strategy and execute legal, regulatory, and compliance objectives
- Own and execute agreements and licensing
- Help direct business strategy and maintain corporate focus in an ever-changing regulatory environment
- Provide high-quality, pragmatic legal and business advice regarding a wide range of product development issues, including securities law matters, and user protection
- Support business transactions, including partnering with the business on deal structure and term sheet, planning and assisting with due diligence, drafting, and negotiating deal agreements, actively managing the deal process and execution
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements with external partners, vendors, marketing agreements, and NDAs.
- Draft and negotiate customer sales agreements, commercial partnership agreements, and services agreements
- Advice on legal aspects of corporate transactional matters, including corporate finance, and related transactions
- Coordinate among the internal stakeholders and external corporate counselors on all legal matters.
- Manage end-to-end internal compliance needs, including HR and corporate policies
- Demonstrate a keen ability to issue-spot sensitive legal and business concerns within complex programs and business materials, and a strong sense of when to escalate (and not escalate) those matters to internal partners and other stakeholders .
- 5+ years of experience in legal roles
- Strong working knowledge of FinTech, payments, credit, and crypto-specific legal considerations
- Personal excitement with crypto, blockchain, and FinTech
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- In-house legal experience
- Experience building consensus among multiple internal stakeholders
- Hands on US licensing experience
- Experience developing policies and processes from the scratch
- An active license to practice law in a US jurisdiction
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
You can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Fintech Compliance & Financial Crime market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Fintech Companies across the country. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Sparsh Didwania, firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 332-6398