over 1 year ago
Legal Counsel - Online Banking
My client is a Multinational Conglomerate specializing in e-commerce, retail and Internet, they are looking for a Legal Counsel based in Hong Kong, mainly provide support for its growing banking business operation.
- Provide primary legal support and advice to the Online Banking team on a wide variety of legal and regulatory matters, including negotiating various contracts with its clients, conducting legal analysis on new product initiatives and advising on legal and regulatory developments；
- Lead legal support on cross-product coverage and assistance on client and transactional matters and work closely coordinate with legal experts in many disciplines, including, regulatory, data privacy, tax, securities, etc；
- Assist with the legal analysis and drafting user agreements relating to products developed and managed by the Banking team, including but not limited to commercial banking, wealth management, funds products, and services；
- Support the internal approval & new product introduction processes for new strategic programs；
- Draft, negotiate and/or review legal agreements (such as commercial, marketing) in relation to the Online Banking business；
- Manage legal policies and procedures for the Online Banking business；
- Overseeing outside legal counsel as needed in an effective and efficient manner；
- Escalate issues, as appropriate, and partner collaboratively to identify issues and share potential concerns and ideas with other legal teams across the enterprise.
- Bachelor or above degree in law.
- A minimum working experience of 10-15 years；
- PQE with experience in major banks in the region；
- Preferred: US/UK/SG/HK legal qualification with strong law firm training and substantial in - house experience in banking industries or similar experiences; proficient in Mandarin (both spoken and written)；
- Strong regulatory/compliance knowledge and skills, especially in relation to banking business and the relevant regulations in Hong Kong；
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, and legal analytical skills together with practical commercial acumen；
- Highly motivated self-starter, eager learner and good team player with excellent project management skills；
- Demonstrable advocacy and oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact successfully with all functions and levels of Bank associates；
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills；
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and to work independently in a fastpaced environment；
- Traveling to China to be expected.