San Francisco, CA, USA
6 months ago
We are working with a market leading Asset Management firm in San Francisco and searching for a Legal Counsel (VP) to support the firms nationally chartered limited purpose trust bank, with a focus on governance and bank enterprise-related matters.
The candidate must be able to directly manage, coordinate, and advise across a wide variety of business and operations teams on regulatory, compliance and commercial issues and risks presented.
- Providing legal advice and consultation, focusing on a variety of issues relating to, among other things, the maintenance and development of the firm’s governance and enterprise risk and control frameworks, including those issues that may arise under regulations promulgated by the U.S. Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as they relate to national banks that provide investment management, securities lending and other fiduciary services to institutional clients.
- Understanding the products and services offered by the business, including investment management, securities lending, and transition management services, and being able to advise on and negotiate related agreements, including agreements with key service providers.
- Researching and advising on bank, securities and tax regulatory matters, among other things related to the firm, including enterprise-wide implications for the firm based on the products and services that it offers to its fiduciary clients.
- Coordinating with the team’s Chief Administrative Officer and with broader operational teams to advise on legal and regulatory requirements relevant to new and existing business initiatives, including but not limited to, informing the design of compliance and other risk management systems and controls.
- Tracking and reporting on regulatory developments across the regions.
- Coordinating closely with the team of compliance professionals who direct ongoing supervisory engagement with the OCC, and providing legal guidance on matters that arise in the course of examination.
- Managing internal business relationships and communicating directly with internal business clients.
Requirements and MUST haves:
- A J.D. with superior academic credentials from a nationally-recognized law school and 5+ years’ experience as a lawyer in a major law firm or in the legal department of a leading financial services organization.
- Experience with U.S bank fiduciary and U.S. federal securities laws and regulations.
- Familiarity with ERISA’s prohibited transaction rules and other regulations applicable to investment managers.
- Exceptional analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to work effectively both independently and as a member of team, in a demanding, fast-paced, global environment.
- The ability to work efficiently on multiple tasks and projects concurrently while responding promptly to inquiries from colleagues and internal clients located in multiple time zones.
- Capability of collaborating with and overseeing work done by outside counsel.
If this opportunity interest you, please get in touch with an updated resume.