about 1 month ago
A banking partner of ours in Southern California is looking for a Lending Compliance Analyst to join their growing team. This person is responsible for assisting the Chief Compliance Officer with the development, implement, enhancement, and maintenance of a compliance program to promote Company adherence to internal compliance-related procedures and processes, as well as statutory and regulatory requirements. This position is responsible for assisting with the assessment of risks associated with all laws, regulations, and regulatory rules applicable across the lending/deposit life cycle and to ensure appropriate controls are in place to mitigate those risks. Areas of focus include: ECOA, UDAAP, TILA, FCRA, FDCPA, MLA/SCRA, TCPA, GLBA, EFTA, ESIGN, Flood, HMDA, Reg O, CRA, and other lending-related federal and state laws and regulations.
As a Lending Compliance Analyst, you will:
- Conduct standardized periodic compliance oversight reviews in accordinance with the Compliance Review Schedule.
- Assist Compliance management with root cause analysis of compliance exceptions noted during reviews.
- Establish testing and monitoring protocols to assess and measure operations compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and identify defects and deficiencies requiring corrective action.
- Ensure material compliance issues identified relating to lending and/or deposit operations are recorded, tracked, and reported. Conduct follow-up audits of corrective actions as necessary.
- Prepare, deliver, and effectively communicate analysis and reporting regarding lending/deposit operations compliance to oversight committees and management.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Company's Compliance Management System. Ensure that policies, procedures, and programs comply with applicable regulatory requirements and mitigate risk of non-compliance.
- Assist with the assessment of all regulatory risks related to lending/deposit operations, including identifying gaps in controls, highlighting areas of highest risk, and developing appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Assist in completing Compliance Risk Assessments and Risk Control Self Assessments in accordinance with Compliance Department processes.
- Assist Compliance Management with change management reviews of new products, processes, and initiatives for compliance with applicable regulations, statutes, and guidance.
- Provide advertisement approvals for marketing initiatives.
- Assist with preparation of examination or audit materials.
- Develop strong understanding of procedures for all areas of responsibility.
- Develop knowledge of all compliance regulations within assigned area of speciality.
- May assist with the following:
- Editing and filing the HMDA LAR
- Monthly CRA Call-back (QA) Function
- Reviewing flood determinations and appraisals and advising on flood insurance
- Monitoring the resolution of credit bureau disputes via the ACDV/AUD functions in e-OSCAR
- Willingly perform all other duties and projects assigned
As a Lending Compliance Analyst, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree (Business, Finance, Stats, Econ) OR equivalent/relevant work experience.
- At least four (4) years experience in the consumer compliance, risk management, process improvement, audit, or the legal field related to commercial/consumer lending.
- Strong working knowldege of consumer protection laws and regulations and associated risks, and the internal controls needed to mitigate those risks.
- CRCM (preferred)
If you are a skilled Lending Compliance Analyst, you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a West Coast, Banking, Compliance market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to: