about 1 month ago
A banking partner of ours in California is seeking a REMOTE VP Lending Compliance Manager. Under the direction of the Chief Compliance Officer, this position will develop, implement, enhance, and maintain a comprehensive lending compliance program to promote Company adherence to internal compliance-related procedures and processes and existing, new or revised statutory and regulatory requirements. This position is responsible to assist with the assessment of risks associated with all laws, regulations, and regulatory rules applicable across the lending life cycle and to ensure appropriate and sufficient controls are in place to mitigate those risks.
As Lending Compliance Manager, you will
- Participates in the evaluation of the bank's asset quality, assessing adherence with lending and portfolio policy, loan approvals, and evaluating and reporting on risk rating integrity.
- Assist the Chief Compliance Officer with the development, implementation and maintenance of the Company’s Compliance Management System. Responsible for ensuring that lending related policies, procedures and programs comply with applicable regulatory requirements and mitigate risk of non-compliance.
- Responsible for the assessment of all regulatory risks related to lending, including identifying gaps in controls, highlighting areas of highest risk, and developing appropriate risk mitigation strategies. Includes completion of formal regulatory risk assessments using Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) methodology.
- Serves as the designated Fair Lending Officer for the Company. Responsibility will include completion of Annual and Semi-Annual Fair Lending reviews and analysis (including geo-mapping of loans), periodic reporting to Compliance Working Group, Management Risk Committee and / or Risk Management Committee on the Fair Lending Program, and completion of a Fair Lending Risk Assessment using Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) methodology.
- Serves as the designated Identity Theft Prevention Program administrator. Responsibility will include investigation and follow up on Identity Theft claims from consumers and periodic reporting on progress of Identity Theft Prevention Program to the Compliance Committee.
- Provides expertise and guidance related to Regulation O. Regulation O responsibilities will include a periodic review of Regulation O lending practices.
- Follow, as well as establish, testing and monitoring protocols to assess and measure operational compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and identify defects and deficiencies requiring corrective action. Report findings and exceptions to management by issuing a formal memorandum of findings as well as reporting to various Working Groups and Committees. Track findings via Bank’s incidents and issues system.
- Serve as a compliance subject matter expert to branch offices, operational teams and the Company on lending compliance and related issues & work with business leaders and management to socialize lending operations compliance principles and practices and assist with developing procedures, systems, and processes to execute policy requirements (i.e., lending compliance advisory).
- Provide direct compliance advisory support to various business functions and/or branch offices in the application of business processes to promote compliance with internal lending requirements as well as lending laws, regulations, and best practices. Field inquiries, interpret questions posed to the Department, research, and provide appropriate and timely guidance and assistance.
As the Lending Compliance Manager, you will need:
- Knowledge of loan applicant sourcing, loan application processing and underwriting, funding, account servicing, collections, and asset recovery. Areas of regulatory focus include, but are not limited to, ECOA, UDAAP, TILA, FCRA, FDCPA, MLA/SCRA, TCPA, GLBA, EFTA, ESIGN, Flood, CRA, HMDA, REG O and other lending-related federal and state laws and regulations.
- Ideal candidate will have at least six (6) years related experience in the consumer compliance, risk management, process improvement, audit or the legal field related to commercial lending, consumer lending or another highly regulated field relating to financial services.
- Two or more years of direct experience in lending compliance with a focus on consumer or commercial credit.
- Strong working knowledge of consumer protection laws and regulations and associated risks, and the internal controls needed to mitigate those risks.
If you are a skilled Lending Compliance Manager, you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Compliance & Financial Crime market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Christian Bohn, firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 350 – 6348