Fairfield, CA, USA
4 months ago
A banking client of ours on the Napa Valley side of the Bay Area is looking to bring a Lending Compliance Officer onto thier compliance team reporting into the Head of Compliance at the bank.
This role will be responsible for implementing and monitoring the internal compliance audit monitoring program for the following departments: Residential Real Estate, Consumer Loan Center, Dealer Loan Center, Loan Services, Loan Documentations, Loan Adjustment and Commercial Hub's to ensure regulatory reporting and documentation requirements are met. This position will also serve as the primary lead for all credit-related regulatory compliance, consumer, and commercial:
- Policies and procedures
- Risk assessments
- Implement new laws and regulations
- Monitoring of Fair Lending, TILA, adverse notices, Flood, credit bureau reporting, data integrity, etc.
- This position will consult and coordinate with Business Unit Compliance Officers, senior management, and internal audit department personnel regarding new and revised legislations and regulations, and revisions and new additions to policies, procedures and products.
- Maintain working relationship with the Compliance Departments and participate as a member of Bank's Regulatory Compliance Committee.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience within the mortgage and consumer lending functions of a financial institution.
- In-depth working knowledge of the following lending regulations: Equal Credit Opportunity Act (REG B); Truth in Lending Act (REG Z); Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (REG C); Real Estate Settlement Procedure Act (RESPA & REG X); Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA); Flood Insurance Regulation; Fair Lending Act; Fair Housing Act; State Banking lending laws, and Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac/FHA/VA guidelines and the loan process from, underwriting through servicing.
- Must have a working knowledge of the lending function from product development to implementation.
- Audit, underwriting and secondary market documentation knowledge is required.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Mortgage banking courses highly desirable.
- Possesses strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills