about 1 month ago
A leading Fintech we have partnered with is looking for a talented Litigation Paralegal to join their team. The Paralegal will be responsible for utilizing their knowledge and skills to assist in managing the company’s litigation and/or regulatory matters, improving the company’s legal processes, and assisting the legal team with contract review, management and prioritization. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced legal or business environment.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the in-house legal team to address legal issues
- Assist in-house counsel with litigation and regulatory matter management
- Respond to subpoenas, levies and garnishments
- Coordinate the collection, review and production of documents and respond to discovery requests
- Manage and track all litigation
- Act as liaison among all parties including court or other neutrals for scheduling and sharing information
- Assist in-house counsel with contract review and management
- Manage contract execution, by acting as point person for DocuSign
- Providing contract support for standard corporate agreements, such as non-disclosure, marketing, and independent contractor agreements
- Assisting with management of the process of signing and tracking legal documents
- Ensure appropriate contract authorization.
- Facilitate completion of commercial contracts (by, for example, filling in basic information to contract form, proofreading and collecting business information for schedules/appendices).
- Update contract forms and draft simple form documents (e.g., product claim settlement and release agreements) or contract amendments.
- Organize and manage documents, including the creation of spreadsheets and retrieval systems
- Compile information and, preparing statistics, charts, graphs and other summaries to detail the findings
- Check and edit legal forms and documents for accuracy
- Build and maintain databases and files
- Organize and track case files
- Co-ordinate law office activities such as subpoena delivery
- Review legal department processes for improvements and efficiencies
- Providing general support to Law Department and assisting with special projects, as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
5+ years (minimum) of significant and substantive experience as a Paralegal
- Bachelor’s Degree from recognized US college or university
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited program preferred, or a combination of education and/or experience
- Litigation, regulatory and contract matter management experience
- Exposure to vendor contracts
- Ability to handle stressful situations with internal and external clients, while maintaining a professional approach to problem solving
- Hard working, well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressures
- Excellent organizational and project management skill and experience managing document productions
- Proficient with MS Office Suite - specifically EXCEL spreadsheets (a must)
- Working knowledge and competency with case management software, a plus
- Thorough knowledge of legal communication principles and practices
- Experience with regulatory examinations and internal investigations, a plus
- Strong research and report-generating skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic legal research and investigation skills
- Ability to follow direction and procedures
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and assignments
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent judgement, analytical skills and decision makingExcellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability and desire to build relationships with others
For more information, please get in touch with Bennett Congdon at B.Congdon@hamlynwilliams.com.